What to do with
Most councils collect aerosols via household collection schemes and at recycling centres.
How should I recycle aerosols?
- Most councils collect aerosol cans as part of the household collection scheme or they can be taken to recycling centres
- Ensure that your aerosol is completely empty before you decide to recycle it
- Aerosols can be stored for a long time - there is no need to throw out a half empty can, even if you haven't used it for a while...
- Do not pierce, crush or flatten the aerosol before recycling
- Detach any loose or easily removable parts, such as the lid, and dispose of them with the rest of your rubbish